Saturday, February 5, 2011

It hurts

My head that is. My head hurts.

I wanted to wait and write this tomorrow when I felt better, when I could compose a well thought out and intelligent piece of work. But then I thought maybe it would be better to do it now -- just get it out when it will be its most heartfelt, when the agonizing pain is actually occurring. So here goes:

I've had a headache for a couple days now and I just couldn't figure out what it was. I wasn't feeling anything near superior earlier today and now it's pounding.

My head.

And it occurs to me. How much junk have you indulged on in the past couple of days? Cheap Valentine's candy. A couple of take-out dinners with either no nutritional value or a vast amount of nutrition and twice as much sodium, trust me, it's all I could taste.

Then, my head. It hurt. And I thought maybe I need sugar, withdraws from the sugar so obviously I need more! Two days of unhealthy eating and I'm already falsifying a cure. My mind has coerced itself into these ridiculous patterns. I'm nearly addicted to the sugar, already.

That's all it takes. Two days and I'm miserable.

Lessons learned? It's not worth it. Usually when I need a sweet fix, I get out my dark chocolate bar I've picked up at my local organic market and break a piece off. I need to stick to that. Just because it's the weekend, I don't get to eat out 3 times a day and make myself a wreck.

I hope I don't wake up with a headache. I hope I don't eat more cheap chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment